Before I go on to outline the various types of Warts and the area they are likely to be found on the human body, let’s have a look at what a wart infection is. A wart infection is a benign growth which is rough and usually looks like a solid blister which is commonly found on the hands, feet and other parts of the body. This is caused by a virus commonly known as HPV which has over 100 different varieties which could cause different types of Warts. While there hasn’t been found a cure for the virus, there are several ways one can get rid of the Warts.
Types of Warts that can easily be noticed include the following;
- Plantar Warts: While it is quite easy to confuse this to mean planter’s Warts, this refers to wart which can be a hard and sometimes painful lump, often with multiple black specks in the center and shows up on the sole of the feet.
- Periungal Warts: this refers to a cluster of Warts which resemble a cauliflower and usually found around the nails.
- Common Warts: this is also referred to as Verruca vulgaris, it is a raised wart with rough surface usually found on the hands but can also grow on other parts of the body.
- Flat Warts (Verruca plana): this is usually a small, smoothened and flat wart which is flesh coloured and occurs commonly in areas such as the face, neck, hands, wrist and knees.
- Genital Warts: This is a wart that affects the genitals. Believe it or not both males and females equally suffer the impact of this type of wart.
As you already know no medical cure has been found for the virus which causes Warts (HPV) but you can easily deal with the Warts using both home remedies and other available options.