Pick the Right Product
Pick the conditioning solution that is specifically designed for your type of hair. People with thin or fine locks should always opt for light conditioners. Individuals with chemically damaged locks, on the other hand, should undergo a deep-conditioning treatment. If you have colored hair, we would advise you to use a product designed particularly for color-treated locks. However, for best results, don’t forget to apply the deep-conditioning solution to your hair at least once every week.
If your curls are short, you will need to apply hair conditioners only if it is colored, damaged or dry. Individuals with long hair, however, should never miss their weekly hair conditioning session. A person with long locks can avoid application of hair conditioning agents only if he or she has oily hair.
Other than choosing the right conditioning solution for your locks, you must also pick the right shampoo to experience maximum benefits of undergoing a conditioning treatment. If your hair is moderately dry, always pair conditioners for dry hair with shampoos meant for individuals with normal hair. However, if your curls are excessively dry, both your shampoo and conditioner should be products designed for dry hair. People using conditioners meant for color-treated locks, on the other hand, should always use color protecting shampoos.
- Step 1: Wash your locks using the right shampoo and rinse it thoroughly. Now, prepare it for the conditioning session by removing excess water using a towel.
- Step 2: Take adequate amount of conditioner and apply it meticulously on your hair. Make sure that every hair is covered properly with the conditioning agent.
- Step 3: Now, comb your locks using a wide-toothed comb to allow the conditioner to spread evenly.
- Step 4: If you are using a regular conditioner, wait for 5 minutes and then wash your hair off thoroughly using lukewarm water. For people undergoing a deep-conditioning treatment, the waiting time should be at least 45 minutes.
- Step 5: The final step will require you to run cool water over the treated locks continuously for 30 seconds. That’s it; once fully dried, your hair will be smoother and shinier than ever before.