Virgin remy hair is natural human hair. It is not dyed, it can hold its pattern and take color easily with proper operation (up to application time and temperature). It’s best not to expect any weave extension to be as perfect as your own hair which is able to grow new strands and consume nutrition from the scalp. Weave extensions need a lot of maintenance! More importantly, any damage to hair extensions is irreversible; the only result is tangling-matting-garbage so please protect your investment and read the tips below carefully.
- SHEDDING: There are left over hairs on the weft that will fall down when washed the first time or combed; it is not real shedding. The hair is sealed before shipment, but sometimes the sealer may not be effective and you can seal it again if you find it really sheds. It should be done before installment.
- CO-WASH: You have to co-wash (only use conditioner) it after getting it. Use a leave-in conditioner on the hair to keep it moisturized. Co-washing will increase the moisture in the hair and keep it healthy and shiny. It re-defines the curl or wave pattern as well as keep that beautiful clean & healthy look. The best thing about co-washing is that it is fast and easy.
- COMB: Always use a wide tooth comb. Always comb hair from the bottom up, small sections at a time. For the tight curly hair, detangle it while wet with conditioner and shampoo, don’t brush or comb it after it is dry otherwise it will cause tangling and matting and the hair will get really big.
- LIMIT HEAT: Heat is your weave extensions WORST enemy. The more you use it, the shorter the life span of your hair. Wavy and curly hair can be straightened and restyled. Straight hair can also be curled, but do so at your own risk. Applying continuous heat will damage the hair. Purchase the hair pattern you desire, we don’t advise changing from the original pattern often.
- DAILY CARE: Keep your hair clean. Be sure to moisturize and condition hair regularly. Please wash and condition it once or twice per week. Apply a mixture of water and leave in conditioner daily for curly and wavy hair. For straight hair apply light moisture when needed.
A very important note: Curly hair always needs more maintenance than wavy or straight hair. Please keep this in mind when selecting your hair.
We hope you are excited about your new virgin remy hair. Please follow these hair care maintenance tips to help maintain longevity of your hair extensions. With these tips you can make your virgin remy hair last from 6 weeks to 8 weeks depending on your style. While full sew-ins can last up to 4 months.