Avocado is a product found in a tree originating from Mexico and Central America. It is a terrific source of monounsaturated fats, potassium, folic acid, and many vitamins. It is likewise well-endowed in fiber. Health-wise, avocado is powerful for decreasing cholesterol and risks of diabetes mellitus. Avocado is great for nourishing the hair and returning its moisture; it also does miracles for the skin. It can be applied on dry skin spots to hydrate them; it can be used for the face and body to dispose of the grime and extra oils left in the skin, tone it, and cleanse the pores; it can be used in organic hand scrubs to render your hands smooth. Here are some straightforward avocado hair and skin recipes:
Avocado Deep Conditioner
- 1 small jar of mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado
- Peel 1 avocado and remove the pit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend half of the avocado with a small container of mayonnaise till it’s a consistent green color
- Smooth the mixture into the hair, from roots to ends
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap for 20 minutes to enclose in the heat
- For deeper conditioning wrap a hot, damp towel around your head over the plastic, or use a hair dryer set to a low to medium heat setting.
- Wash off and dry as usual.
Oily Skin Avocado Mask
- 1 avocado
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lemon, peeled and cut into small pieces
- Combine the avocado, egg whites and lemon in a blender
- Combine into a smooth paste
- Spread the paste on your skin and let rest for 20 minutes
- Wash with warm water